Friday, May 01, 2009

My Kids

I can’t believe they’re six years old today, those precious little twins I met only 3 weeks after their premature birth. The moment I saw their beautiful faces, I knew I’d become Nanny Laura. I also watched their 3-year-old brother, a red-headed boy that was at once terribly challenging (to say the least) and completely lovable. But it was with Evan and Caroline that I really developed a bond. I can still envision them there on the padded table, sleeping while touching, rarely opening their eyes. I knew what their cries meant, how to get them to sleep, and I loved every moment of watching them grow and change, seeing their little personalities develop and observing their interactions. My heart aches a little just thinking about them; I miss them so much! “My kids”, I used call them. And how could I not feel that way in some small capacity, after spending so much time watching them grow?

They made me realize how much I’ll love my own children someday.

I wish I could be there to celebrate with them, but instead I'm just remembering them with this post.


Four years ago, I wrote about them here.


Aren't they precious? (Clearly didn't have digital pics.)

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

aw these are such lovely images! as for where i do my vintage shopping, it's exclusively at flea markets. i get a little grossed out inside thrift shops and i think the open air helps with that :)