Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lunch Break!

Can I be honest? I am so exhausted. These twelve hour days are killin' me lately. It wouldn't be so bad if they were a couple or a few per week, but I haven't worked less than an 11 hour day in over two months now. And I never take lunch breaks.

Except for this Tuesday. I had to run an errand, a very uncommon thing, and rather than cab it straight back to the office, I decided to go for a stroll through Georgetown. I was THRILLED about this, leisurely walking through the residential neighborhood admiring the quaint little homes and wishing I could live in one. And then I took my break from work one step further - I went to lunch! And not in the cafeteria!

In the mood for a little seafood, something not too heavy, I headed straight for Tackle Box. I've been to it's upscale sister restaurant right next door, but this I hadn't tried before. You probably wouldn't know it to read the blog, but I love a casual low-key atmosphere just as much as a little swank. It was the perfect lunch spot.


I ordered two fish tacos and two cornbread muffins. My only complaint was that the food was a little overpriced. Four bucks for two small muffins? Eight bucks for two small tacos? Then again, I didn't exactly leave hungry.

My conclusion upon completion of this errand run - I need to get out of the office more often!!

2 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

I am with you on the long work days. It sucks!

k said...

if nothing else, you should at least go and sit outside for 15 minutes every day (in the summer)!