Friday, May 08, 2009

Design Adventure

Last weekend, The Girl, In the Tweeds, and I took a little road trip to Leesburg, VA.

Our first stop was a winery, where we were rushed through six tastes of wine by a girl who was quite talkative. Isn't wine-tasting supposed to be enjoyed slowly ? Oh well.

Our next stop more than made up for it. We went to the Old Lucketts Store! - a place full of vintage treasures . . and yes, even some junk. Much of it was overpriced, but not everything, and you better believe I found a couple things in that "not everything" category.

Would've loved to take home that cowhide over the railing!
It's hard for me to look at that ornate white frame mirror back there! So lovely!
Not only did we spend awhile browsing the three levels of the store, but we happened to be there during a Design House weekend where they open up a house they've fully decorated, marking everything on sale!

There are the girls walking through the breezeway to get to the hidden house.
Here are a few of the lovely things we saw . .

I'm loving the headboard here, although my tastes tend more toward chic than shabby.
Preeetty table.
I called dibs on the sofa! . . but not before ITT did. Of course, neither of us took it home.
I wish I had the patience for sewing, because I'd love to make a look-a-like ruffle pillow!
What a uniquely gorgeous chair!
Now here's something practical I would've liked to take home. The color is nice and subtle, and the couch was actually quite comfy! At $400, I'd call this a good deal.
Here's another piece I wanted. Not so much the shade, but I loved the floral design and happy yellow. But alas, I don't really have a place for it right now.
I don't really have a place for this faux bamboo mirror either, but I couldn't pass it up. Imagine was a coat of paint will do!
I also walked away with a smaller white ornate frame mirror. I'm in love with it!

All this treasure hunting and design loving wore me out, and I fell asleep in the backseat on the ride home. Sorry, girls! I can't wait for our next design adventure!

2 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

I love, love, love your new mirror!!! What a fun adventure!

k said...

yay leesburg! although i am sure it is so much different than when i lived there over 10 years ago. where do you put all your finds (knowing that you share your living space with many others)?