Saturday, May 16, 2009

Street Dancing

Anytime a new movie about dancing comes out in the theaters, I'm one of the first to go. "Step it Up", "Dance with Me", "Honey", you know the ones. So when I found out about a live street dancing show on Friday night, I invited my hip-hop loving roommate to check it out with me.

Although a bit muggy (what's new?), it was a nice evening to be outside, and the dance competition pre-show was more than a little entertaining!

See for yourself: (although this is nothing compared to other moves we saw)

Culture Shock Street Dance from LP on Vimeo.


In addition to dancing, the super-talented 23-year-old Washingtonian Christylez Bacon was there to show off his skills as a human beat box and guitarist. Unbelievable:

Culture Shock Street Dance from LP on Vimeo.


I always love this city, but on nights like this one, I want to give it a big hug and kiss.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh SO FUN!! I absolutely LOVE all those movies too, my husband makes so much fun of me. I'm glad I'm not alone :)

Pink Sun Drops said...

It's decided. We need to live near each other one day.

Pink Sun Drops said...

Oh, did you watch America's Best Dance Crew? If you love those movies you would've LOVEd that show. Maybe you can get on hulu.com? The Beat Freaks and Quest were AHmazing!!