Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brooklyn

Brooklyn was at the top of my list this trip, both for a walk across the bridge and a stop by the Brooklyn flea market.

Brooklyn bridge

Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn

Brooklyn limestones

Check out some of the stuff I found:

Loads of vintage shoes

Brooklyn flea

If you can believe it, I wanted to buy one of these paintings and paint the frame white. I'm glad I didn't. Very vintage cool, but not the look I'm going for.

Brooklyn flea

This table re-painted and fitted with beautiful new cushions would have me completely in love.

Brooklyn flea

Lots of lovely tin mirrors and tiles.

Brooklyn flea

I like this Chinoiserie-ish screen.

Brooklyn flea

It was a half hour walk across the bridge, and I was thrilled to be doing it.

walking across the Brooklyn Bridge

I can't wait to explore Brooklyn more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that screen!

boodut said...

and I love that table and chairs!

Pink Sun Drops said...

Wow, I love your pictures!! Brooklyn looks like a blast! It's definitely on my must visit list now.