- I started a new book! I know you're all wondering what the big deal is, but I rarely read anymore and when I do, it is only ever Christian spiritual growth books and the Bible, which are very lovely and all, but I would not exactly put them under the category of "entertainment". Also, it is not just any book. It is a huge book that is, quite frankly, pretty intimidating. This biography that I've decided to read covers the history of the United States Senate and the life of "Master of the Senate" Lyndon B. Johnson in a whopping one thousand pages. I spent thirty minutes last night reading ten of them. It's gonna be a long year. But I'm trying to challenge myself to read it as quickly as possible so that I can move on to the next book. At this rate, it will still be a few months.
- I bought new shoes! Not something I was planning to do until my podiatrist informed me that I had tendonitis and needed to stay off of heels for at least another week. Now that I own these, I'm almost glad I hurt my foot. Yeah, that's a lie. It really sucks.
- My lovely bedroommate, Lyn, got us into a cooking class at Sur La Table where we learned to make four dishes created by Chef Ming Tsai. I was truly afraid that I would make a fool of myself, since I don't even know how to properly cut an onion, but we had a great time, and the food was, of course, delicious! I may even try to make one of the dishes again.
- I bought new shampoo, and it's changing my life! Or my hair. Same thing. It's also taken a big chunk out of my checking account, dang! I walked out of Aveda $70 poorer. But my hair is thanking me.
- My friend and I bought tickets to see the Yank.ees play the Oriol.es at Camden Yards in April. They're not in the nosebleed section either. I can't wait!
- I discovered a new cupcake place in George.town: Georget.own Cupcake. What an original name. I hope to try it out tomorrow, although I hear they've been selling out regularly. We'll see how it compares to Magnolia in New York.
- I pigged out, totally pigged out at Magg.iano's tonight to celebrate my friend's new job. We're talking . .
wine, bread, calamari, tomato & mozzarella, chopped salad, beef medallions, chicken marsala, gnocchi, rigatoni, chocolate cake, Boston creme pie, tiramisu, and cheesecake
Obviously it was a family-style deal, but you know I had some of all of the above.
So that is my Happy List for this week. And I'm convinced that I'll be having a happy weekend as well. I hope the same is true for all of you.