Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Fun Birthday Dinner!

The other night, I celebrated the 34th birthday of a dear friend here - the one The Texan introduced me to.

It was one expensive celebration, but a delicious one for sure! She is such a good friend to me, and I'm so thankful to have met her. To be honest, we've both been surprised at how well we get along given our strong and opposing political views.

As I said to her last night, "I understand where you're coming from and I love you . . I just fundamentally disagree."

We joke that we agree on the most important things in life and that's all that matters: Nebraska football, her dog's lovableness, and which gym is the best in town.

I'm glad I've been able to build friendships with those I don't see eye to eye with, something I honestly didn't have back in Nebraska. It's important to listen to and love those that see things differently . . even if they are wrong. ;) Kidding, kidding.

And after last night, we can add another thing to the list of things we have in common: loving the restaurant Eventide. I'm adding it to my list of favorites. The ambiance was um, sexy? - not sure how to describe it with its tall ceilings in a dark, spacious dining area lit by gorgeous chandeliers and surrounded with exposed cement walls. The booths even had little doors you opened to step inside - how cozy! It was laid back elegance at its best! I only wish the portions had been larger considering the prices. Then again, maybe I am just used to walking out of a restaurant nearly comotose from food consumption. I'd love to go back soon - especially if someone else wanted to pay. :)

Of course
I took pictures!

Braised rabbit cannelloni
Roasted chicken breast with carrot puree and pan stuffing
Lobster tagliatelle with lobster meatballs (the birthday girl's dinner)

Dessert was shared among all of us . . caramelized banana crepe, chocolate mousse, and olive oil cake with berries. Mmmmm.

All eaten while sipping a glass of Pinot Noir.

I love birthdays!

No comments: