Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Design Break

I've loved this month's issue of Elle Decor, which takes us through the gorgeous home of Alexandra Wentworth and George Stephanopolous, decorated by Elizabeth Martin and located right here in D.C.'s Georgetown neighborhood, just a short walk from my apartment.
I love the Moroccan pouf here and the book shelves painted in a beautiful accent color.
What a lovely collection to have on display. Alexandra has been collecting these seashells her entire life, and recently received a collection of her grandmother's seashells from a museum that displayed the treasures from her days with National Geographic in the early 1900s. I love when a home reflects some family history!
The blue chairs, the zebra rug, and the African headdress. Love, love, love!

Imagine my envy when I found that my boss was heading to their home this week! Can I come??

No comments: