Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thoughts on Thursday

Today at work, we had Happy Hour, which means chips and salsa and beer and pop in one of the conference rooms. It's a great time to mingle and get to know people. I was able to meet a couple of girls and chat with them for awhile. One especially was so sweet!

Rochester walked into the room with a pink shirt on . . whoa! . . rockin' the pink shirt! Not many attempt it and few can pull it off, but I think he's definitely manly enough to do it. (Speaking of pink shirts, did anyone watch "Deal or No Deal" last night? There was a guy in a hot pink shirt and he was a riot! I'm sure that show is normally not fun to watch, but it was hilarious last night.)

Now I'm back at my desk waiting for CousinJ to leave which could be awhile. Last night, we were here until 7 o'clock. Typically people leave around 5:30 on average, but there's no punching in and out here . . just get your stuff done. A lot of people in the office are on the company softball team, so they were all changed into their gear to go play. Wish I was going, but I'm looking at another house tonight. It'll be nice to have something to compare the other place to.

This weekend is pretty up in the air. I've offered to baby-sit tomorrow night. I figured that it's much easier to stay home on a 'work night' than a Saturday. Plus, if I do something Saturday I'll be able to wear something other than work clothes! Woo-hoo!

Ellie sent out an Evite for "Cruisin' for Booze 'n Boyz", but gee, somehow that just doesn't appeal to me. Rochester and I had lunch yesterday and he said we could do something else if I didn't want to do that. I suggested going to see "The Break-up". Much to my surprise, he said he didn't want to! I was like, Hello!, it stars Vince Vaughn, who is only one of the funniest actors out there! He thinks it's a chick flick. Really, I think he wants to go, but he's just being difficult. I mean, I got him to watch "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Parent Trap" (the original) with me in San Diego. At any rate, I hope he goes, because he's my only friend, so I have no one else to go with. Maybe I'll ask his roommate/friend. There is a music festival during the day on Saturday which also sounds cool. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll find something to do.

Remember the guy I met/hung out with at Taste of the South? He's weird - that's what I've determined. First of all, I had a lot of fun with him, but still didn't think I'd care to hang out again. He texted me the next day with a very nice message, but I responded very short yet nice. He texted nothing.

Two days later, he texted me again referring to something from that night to which I again gave a short, polite reply. He texted back nothing. I was annoyed at that point. I thought, "Ok, guy, do you want to talk to me or what? Are you trying to test the waters, because this is a really safe, chicken way to do it."

While I was in Kiawah, we had an actual conversation over text - very short but nice. He ended it with "See you later" and my first thought was, "No, I probably won't see you later. First of all, I don't really care if I see you later, but more importantly you haven't asked to see me later."

Then, last night, he texted me at 12:30 am saying he'd just heard this song we sang that night. I didn't reply. Truly, this guy seemed very mature and very nice and polite when I met him, plus he's older so I assumed he's not into games, but I cannot appreciate a late night text on a weeknight!! If he wants to talk to me, he should call. I don't flirt over text unless I know someone pretty well already. If he ever texts me again, I think I'm going to be very upfront and ask him what the heck he's doing or tell him to leave me alone. Grr.

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

I have been trying forever to get my husband in a pink shirt and he just won't do it. I even called him from the Gap last week and told him I found a masculine pink polo. Still no go, however had they had his size I would have bought it and MADE him wear it!

Anonymous said...

going to church?

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»