Tuesday, June 27, 2006

More About the Weekend

My weekend at home couldn't have gone any better . . unless there were a few more days in a weekend.

Hope this post doesn't read too much like a diary, "Yesterday I . . Today I . . "

I flew in Friday morning, after nearly missing both flights. Thank God I didn't wear heels (you know I thought about it) because I was running through the airport to catch my connecting flight!

I had a nice lunch with my family and picked out my birthday present (a black opal necklace). My birthday isn't for six weeks, but what can I say, I like to be prepared. I was crushed to learn that the speed boat needed to be fixed, because I had my heart set on slaloming! I ended up not even getting in the water at Grandma's lake, but we had such a delicious meal. I was so blessed that Mom & Grandma took the time to make baked beans, potato salad, and grill burgers . . all because I was back for a visit! Both grandmothers were there, as well as my bro and his family and Cousin Joy. We took a sunset ride on the pontoon, which was the perfect end to a fun night.

Saturday, after sleeping until 11 (what a waste!), I drove into town for lunch with Shae. I hadn't seen her since before my stint in San Diego. I visited Joy at the salon for a blowout and then headed over to Shae's place to get ready and download some great songs (that only she & I would appreciate). I miss hanging out with her!

The wedding, like I said, was beautiful. It was at the botanical gardens, and the sun came out just long enough for the ceremony and pictures. I saw so many people that I love and was able to catch up (not that I've been gone too long, but many I hadn't seen since before SD).

Best Friend and I stayed up til 3 as she gave me full 'deets' on her boy situation and I saw her new place. (I met the guy, too, and he's so sweet . . Can't wait to see what happens).

Sunday, I had lunch with my family after church, visited the kids (Ryan, Evan, & Caroline), and spent the day at the lake with BF. In the evening, I hung out with AMC. Sadly, their little boy seems to already have forgotten me . . this is exactly what I was afraid of.

It's funny . . going back was great, but I'm not homesick. I know that D.C. is where I'm supposed to be right now and everything is going so great for me here.

I hope I can make it home for a Husker game this fall, because 6 months 'til Christmas does seem like a long time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! It's so neat to see a little window into your life. It is a hard part of being away - not having the close relationships you once had, but you know what I discovered the good thing is if you ever move back those relationships get even stronger and you develop other ones you never thought you would. Not that you want to move back right now :) but in the future even if just for a short time as we did.

xoxo