Rochester thinks I'm nuts. I told him that I found a place to live, but when I told him about the "living situation", he said I was crazy! I was a little irritated with him, to be honest, because it's all about what I am comfortable with . . am I right? I knew I wasn't going to find an awesome place in my price range without giving up something. So I gave up having my own room. You all think I'm nuts, too, don't you?
Maybe I'm such an optimist because I had such a great experience in college sharing a room with a friend. I don't think it's something I could do with just anyone, but I have a good feeling about this girl. So before you shake your head in disbelief, let me give you full deets.
1. It's in Rosslyn (which is in Arlington, which is where I wanted to live)
- Rosslyn is just across the bridge from D.C. (and it's not even a very big bridge :)
2. It's safe. It has a doorman who apparently takes his job very seriously.
3. It has underground parking. It does cost $85, but that's not bad compared to other places.
4. It's less than 2 blocks from the Rosslyn metro which makes for a 5 minute ride to work (2 stops away) and no sitting in traffic, paying for gas, or paying $100 more for parking at work.
5. Since it is just across the bridge . . it's only a 10 minute walk to Georgetown. And it's close to restaurants and a grocery store in Rosslyn.
6. The apartment itself is very nice and spacious. The foyer is huge as well as the living room.
7. The bedroom isn't as big as the one I shared in college, but it's a nice size. PLUS, and most importantly, I have my own big walk-in closet. THAT, to me, is more important than having my own room. It's all about priorities.
8. The view from the living room (on 9th floor) is great. You can see the National Cathedral (which is near where I now live).
9. The girls are very nice. Two of them go to Frontline. (There are 3 besides me.) The girl I'll share a room with is very sweet. . probably not someone I'd normally hang out with, but I know we'll get along great.
10. Utilities are included in my rent . . and the price is fabulous.
11. It has an exercise room.
12. There is a laundry room on my floor, as well as a garbage chute and a mail chute.
13. There is a rooftop deck with lots of cute tables and chairs. You can see ALLL of D.C. It's amazing. . . . The Capitol, Washington Monument, Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials, the Cathedral, the Potomac, Georgetown, etc, etc.
14. We discussed our lifestyles and what is important to us in a living situation and it seems we're all on the same page.
15. They said I can help decorate!!
16. There is nice massive lobby on 1st floor and they constantly play nice elevator music. I mean, that's kind of a dumb #16, but the music really does give it a nice ambience.
17. Wireless internet.
You get the idea.
I move in the beginning of July. I'll be kinda sad to leave CousinJ and K's, but I'll only be 4 miles away. I'm excited to have a place and get settled.
On another note, work is going really well. However, it's been absolutely crazy. I'm definitely working over 50 hours/wk. I've been swamped. Basically what is supposed to be 50% of my job has been taking up 100%. Starting tomorrow I'm going to have to start thinking about the other 50, because I'm covering for the lady that's going out of town. This means, I have to know what's going on in order to present this information in meetings! Lord, help! I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday.