Friday, June 09, 2006

Office Bits

This morning as J and I were walking into work, he looks at his Blackberry and hands it to me. The email from a co-worker read, "J - My old man is in town and has invited me to go to Camp David with him, so I'm going to have to take the day off." (Um, yeah. . I'd be taking the day off, too.) This guy's dad is the Prime Minister of _____. A while ago, upon learning this, J asked him why he never said anything. He said he wanted to get ahead not because of who he was but what he could do.

The new girl in the office is driving Officemate Leigh and I crazy! She is sooo loud and bubbly. She even says things that are pretty inappropriate, especially for knowing us less than a week.
"You're a b****, huh?" to Leigh after hearing a story which did not portray her that way.
She asks tons of questions and . . frankly, I'm surprised she's been hired. She doesn't act very bright . . but perhaps she is. Leigh and I just wish she wouldn't talk so much or at least turn the volume down . . We can't concentrate on our work. We both plug in our headphones all day and listen to music. I hope that New Girl isn't picking up on our irritation, because I don't want to hurt her feelings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what I do with my kids - the whole headphones thing :) ! Hehe. I wouldn't worry too much about hurting her feelings it sounds like she wouldn't even notice.

Anonymous said...

I just realized that came off as a really cold comment. I just meant she sounds like she's not really perceptive and full of herself to notice. Alright. Fine. There's no nice way to say that. :D