Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Grab the Tissue and the New Girl and Let's Go Shopping

At first, I wasn't sure which way the sore throat was gonna go . . . flu or cold. Fortunately, it's taken the latter route, which my body greatly appreciates, as does my employer I'm sure, because I don't have to miss any work. I did leave work early on Monday, but felt well enough to come in the next day, despite the raw throat. Now, my throat is feeling almost 100%; I'm just super congested and have to subject my poor nose to the brutal restroom toilet paper. I've left my desk at least 5 times to replenish my supply.

New news about New Girl: I like her. This doesn't come as much of a shock to me, because there have been several times that I've initially disliked someone and then they end up growing on me (ie: Delaware, who did turn out to be pretty flaky, but I liked her nonetheless). Now . . just because I like her doesn't mean she's not loud. It doesn't mean it hasn't affected the nice little sanctuary Leigh and I had created back here. Like K said, "Two's company; three's a crowd." She may annoy me less now that this week has been a lot less stressful. Or maybe because I found out that she likes to shop. I'm not sure, but I'm happy about it. I hate being annoyed.

Tonight, I plan to venture to my new favorite department store. It was once Nordstrom, but now that I've had time to really discover all that Bloomingdale's is, it's definitely taken 1st place. However, this is only due in part to the fact that there is no Von Maur here. Von Maur may not have the selection that Bloomingdale's does, but it does have the quality and the sales are superb. I'm on a mission for a dress still, but I'll settle for a cute cream top. Wish me luck.

Hey . . maybe I'll ask New Girl to come.

3 comments:

k said...

I like discovering that first impressions are wrong. It reminds me that I really shouldn’t jump to conclusions and start judging people when I first meet them. I’m glad you like her!

Big Sky Girl said...

One word: Zicam.

There is a summer cold going around, and Zicam is a miracle drug. I've been passing it out to my classmates. Get the nasal spray and the lozenges.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Glad things are looking up with new girl. It's nice that you are open to your first impressions changing. I've been starting to discover how true that can be these last few years. I still make the assumptions but am much more open to changing them. It's a process tho.