Monday, June 12, 2006

Weekend Update

My weekend could not have been better. Except for the fact that it has ended with the worst sore throat EVER. I don't want to speak or swallow or anything. I just want to drink fruit smoothies with immuni-boosts all day. Fortunately, I don't feel sick anywhere else. So much for that amazing immune system I have.

Friday night, I went to Happy Hour with the work gang. We had something really exciting happen with one of our accounts, so everyone was ready to let loose and have some fun after so much hard work. There were probably at least 25 of us there, singing karaoke, dancing, and having a blast! The DJs totally gave me a hard time for going up so many times, but hey, no one else was signing up. I never sing alone, either. Leigh and I started it off with some Salt n Pepa and later sang "Material Girl". Sharpdog and I sang "Time of My Life" and "Bust a Move", too. It ended up being an incredibly late night.

Saturday morning, I volunteered with K at the USO stuffing care packages for the troops. Last time K went, she met Mr. President!! No fair! It was a lot of fun and felt so good to be helping out.

I ended up taking 3 naps that day which helped me catch up. CousinJ & K went on a date while I watched Walker. They got home pretty early - in time for me to go out with girls from work. It wasn't something I was excited about, but I wanted to make an effort to get to know people better. The frustrating part was paying a $10 cover and only staying for an hour. I was famished, so rather than getting a drink, I ordered some yummy calamari. A co-worker gave me a ride home, which was so nice, because I would've had to take a cab.

Sunday morning, I slept in, laid out and took a long, long walk to Tenleytown to shop. I was on a mission, but didn't find what I was looking for. Instead I found a really cute Kenneth Cole black leather watch on sale! I love it! I grabbed a smoothie and took the long way home, which made for about a 4-5 mile walk.

I wanted to go to church, but had been invited for dinner by a co-worker. Because we have the same title at work, she invited Leigh, New Girl, and I over. She made green beans, 3-cheese tortellini, and crescent rolls! We had cheesecake for dessert. It was so nice getting to know everyone better. We spent a good amount of time discussing how much we love our jobs. There were a lot of laughs, too.

Definitely a great weekend. :)

6 comments:

k said...

Take some Airborne or Emergen-C so you don’t get worse! My last cold started out as just a sore throat and then I became full blown sick.

Alyssa said...

hope you feel better soon. Colds suck, especially summer ones. Only you and I would walk 5 miles for some shopping! I had a shop full weekend too!!!!

Alyssa said...

I also had a shop full week, and weekend before that, and a few days before that and.....I think I see a bad pattern here.

Anonymous said...

Wow that does sound like a fabulous weekend. I'm so glad you're getting to know everyone there and still just taking fun times for yourself. I hardly ever walk but I love walking when there's a reward at the end :) - your walk sounds nice.

Sorry about the sore throat, hope it feels better soon!

s said...

totally take some airborne or keep getting the smoothies with the immuno-boosts- do you go to the place robeks by any chance? my cold which is now going on 2 weeks started off with a sore throat too. i'm glad you had such a fun weekend! feel better

Stacey said...

Sorry to hear your throat's icky! It's amazing how bad a sore throat can make you feel.

But - wow! You sure have an exciting life! (compared to mine, at least!!) Sounds like you're making lots of new friends - and I think it's great that you helped with the care packages for our troops. They've got to appreciate goodies from home. :)