Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What I've Been Up To

What could I have been so busy doing these last several days that would prevent me from blogging, you ask?

Well, I wish I could say packing, but that would be a lie. Besides, why would I pack when I have an entire week left before moving my life halfway across the country? It's much more fun to hang out with friends and play around on Photoshop for hours at a time.

I did take a deep breath today and open my closet to begin to sort through my sizably sinful amount of clothing to decide what I can't live without. I was disappointed to discover that I didn't like much of what I found there. Normally this would be exciting, because it would be another excuse to go shopping (as if I need another excuse), but then I remembered that soon I will be living on a budget . . a budget that doesn't allow weekly shopping trips or the revamping of a wardrobe . . a budget that may only allow a strict diet of hot dogs and mac n cheese (and peas, of course). (Ok, perhaps I'm exaggerating.) At any rate, I'm pretty disappointed about the state of my wardrobe. Hopefully after a good night's sleep I will awaken with some fresh optimism.

I will say that I'm excited about the suit (and the shirt and the skirt) I bought the other day. I'd never tried on a suit before, and I loved it. I can't wait to wear it!

Uptown Grandma has decided to ride along with me in the car, which is something that I'm very happy about, yet not excited about at the same time. It will be nice to have company (because I rarely like being alone and don't particularly want to fall asleep at the wheel), but this does mean that I can only listen to about 5% of the music on my iPod . . . the very mellow worship music, Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble, and those few Anne Murray songs I actually burned off her CD. It also means I might have to share a bed with her when we get to D.C. . . and the woman snores . . loudly. But, never mind all that . . I'm sure it'll be great. We'll be staying in Indiana for a couple of days visiting my cousins, which will also be fun. They are the most wonderful godly family and just being in their presence is uplifting.

Here are a couple of pics since I've been back in NE:

Cold Stone with Micks . . as always . .















Baby-sitting the twins a couple times














Seeing new babies
















Attending possibly my last ever Kickers event (this time a few cousins came along)
















Helping my sister get ready for prom

6 comments:

Lindsay Blake said...

we are moving together kind of... we must keep our blogs up to date so we stay connected. i am very excited about thursday... pictures all the way along with memories. love you girl!

Cady said...

yet more busyness for you! you always make the most of your time. that's awesome. looks like lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Love those pictures!! And YUM I seriously want some Coldstone! I have been craving it like EVERY DAY lately and I'm not even pregnant anymore, how horrible of me!

k said...

My grandma snores like no other as well! I love her to death but I hate sharing a room with her. Good luck packing and with the move! I can't wait to hear about all your adventures in DC!

a tall sassy gal said...

Wow it is getting so close. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

i just discovered your blog of gff's blog roll. and this picture of coldstone is going to be the death of me...it's only 9:13am and i'm daydreaming about it. good look with the move.