Saturday, May 13, 2006

We Made It

I'm here . . in D.C.! The drive Friday went so well. The audio book sucked (in my opinion) so I put in my headphones and jammed out silently to my iPod which kept me wide awake! We loved driving through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland. I know that I drove through these three states a month ago on my cross-country trip, but this was a different route and sooo much prettier. I did miss my turn coming into D.C. during rush hour, but remained calm and somehow got turned around. If you've never driven in D.C. . . well, it's not simple. Once you exit, you can't just get back on. I really was proud of myself for figuring it out. Sooo. . so far, I've driven 3 times in the D.C. area (including when I came for my interview) and I've missed a turn/gotten lost every time. On the positive side, this helps me get more of a feel for the area.

I absolutely love CousinJ & K's house!!! (my cousin and his wife) It's in a beautiful neighborhood with huge old homes and lots of trees, and it's right in D.C. They have been great hosts to Grandma and I and have even offered to provide all food for me so I can save money this first month while I stay with them. Baby Walker is adorable!! (He wore his green and white Ralph Lauren seersucker outfit to church yesterday.) I also love their yellow lab, Isabel. . she's so beautiful and well-behaved.

Since we've been here, we've seen the WWII memorial, shopped in Bethesda MD, grilled out delicious steaks, eaten at some great restaurants and visited their church. Today, us girls are going shopping again . . but this time I'm buying. I just want to feel very prepared when it comes to work clothes. I can't believe tomorrow is my first day!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

gLauRious,
I love you and miss you. I will be praying that your first day tomorrow goes very smoothly for you.

Anonymous said...

=-][=[
[[p'''-0'p'P0'k8uyj65/\

k said...

Yay! Good luck your first day on the job!

Big Sky Girl said...

My father drove here last year for several days and his motto was unless what you need to do to get on or off the beltway nearly kills you it's the wrong turn.

For example going from the extreme right line to an inside exit four lanes away through full traffic. You'll either get used to it or ride Metro.

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow girl!! Sounds like you've been enjoying the city - and it sounds wonderful!

xoxo

a tall sassy gal said...

Wow you are there. I am dying for a post about your first day at work.