Sunday, May 21, 2006

My First Gala

Last night, again, was a blast! K let me borrow the nicest, cutest dress ever. It was very Southern-looking, too. It was strapless, but not straight across - more like a heart, white with embroidered grass green and light green flowers. It fit tight above the waist and then was kinda pleated in the front and went just below the knee. I wore it with bronzy-gold shoes. I saw some cute dresses there, but wouldn't have wanted to be in any dress but the one I had on . . I loved it! Pink had recommended White House Black Market and the funny thing is that I saw about 4 girls in the same dress from there . . very cute dress (strapless with white and black striped pleats).

I wish I would've eaten more, but Ellie and Charlie were definitely more interested in consuming mass amounts of wine. They are both from Texas, so we spent most of our time at the Texas tables eating chips and salsa. We saw a few people we knew from work and visited with other people they knew. K had said there would be lots of cute guys there (not that I care) and I did notice a few. Actually, most people were with a date.

I met a guy who works for the CIA and has spent the last 9 years overseas "nation-building". We had a good time together and hung out with his friends. After the gala, we went out in Adams Morgan, a place known for being full of crazy, young people on the weekends. I wasn't thrilled about going, but it ended up being fun. Anyway, the guy is very nice and cute and everything, but I think he's going to call me again and I'm not sure if I really want to go out with him. I guess I'll have to play it by ear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your dress sounds GORGEOUS. Do you have any pics? :) I would LOVE to see them! Good thing you didn't go to WHBM hehe. Now I'll know not to go there for any big events :) .

It sounds like you're really yearning for a good church to go to there. Have you tried any out yet? Different areas can be such a different feel for churches and I know that's always the hardest thing to find, one that you're comfortable around any way.

s said...

the gala sounds like it was really fun. i love getting dressed up and your dress sounds wonderful. i think it's the same exhibit and it was so very cool. very interesting things. thanks for your comment. i'll be reading you now.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»