Saturday, May 20, 2006

Weekend Plans

Last night was soooo fun! Karaoke in D.C - way more fun than in Nebraska. I think it's because no one really took it seriously, and if they did, they were actually good and sang fun songs.

'Sharpdog' (a co-worker) and I sang "You're So Vain" in which he let me sing and he did voice-over and made random, funny comments throughout. We also did "Hypnotize" and I did so well that he told me, "I thought you were cool before . . but now . . now you're awesome." He is one of the people that interviewed me and he said I was the only one he liked because I was real. All of this just makes me breathe a sigh of relief, like "Ok, I'm going to make friends here and things are going well so far." Rochester was there, too, and I convinced him to get up and sing . . he did a Johnny Cash song. I also sang a country song with 'Ellie', one of the girls I went to lunch and shopping with. As I said, it was a blast! Ellie did say, "You fit in so well. You're going to love working with us. And we do this all the time." But I'm thinking, "I can't do this all the time . . go out to the bars all the time." I need to make friends at church.

Today, K and I went for a 4 mile walk with Baby Walker and she showed me the nearest spot for good shopping. I'm going to have to stay out of Barney's and Gucci, though! K did tell me to save up for the annual Neiman's sale, but no matter how much I knew I was saving, I don't know that I could spend much over $100 on anything.

Tonight, I'm going to Taste of the South! Rochester gave me his ticket, which is so great, because they are $90 and all sold out. It's formal, so I get to wear my fav dress (which isn't saying too much, because I only brought three). Actually I'm slightly worried now, because I noticed it's black tie and I didn't bring my really fancy dress (I knew I should've), so I hope the one I brought is ok! I'm going with 'Ellie' and 'Charlie' (another girl). There will be about 2,000 people there, I hear. It should be lots of fun. I'm not looking forward to paying the cab fare to get home, though, but I may as well get used to it. Last night it cost me $14 to get home. But, hey, I haven't been driving, so I don't pay for gas which is $3.22/gal here!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe. I get a taste of the south every day down here! But that looks like a ton of fun and I love getting all dressed up!

If your dress won't work White House Black Market has great dresses for not TOO horrible prices. Or you could find a great one timer at Forever 21!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»