Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yay for Good Food and Upgrades!

Dinner went well on Sunday night. Five people turned into eight and I started to get a little nervous. But . . when I went to the grocery store for more food, I ran into Philly, who was once a chef at a French restaurant. He said he'd cook with me, so we got a few more ingredients than I'd planned on, some stuff for appetizers, and some dessert. He showed me how to properly cut certain veggies, etc. Here's a picture of the avocado he cut up and peppered (I thought of you, BF) for an appetizer. We also had those table crackers and havarti cheese with prosciutto swirls.



















I didn't take a picture of the stir fry the night we made it, but here are my leftovers :) It's chicken with peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, and red onions.
















Yesterday, Delaware and I went shopping and then worked out together. We've decided to hold each other accountable to going at least 5 times a week. . to the gym, that is . . . only once or twice a week to the mall.

Tonight was the weekly company dinner and this time we ate at Sbicca. I had jalapeno marinated steak. And, of course, plenty of appetizers and desserts to share.

I'm so excited, because it looks like I'm moving into a different apartment (same complex) and my bedroom will be huge, as will my bathroom! Not to complain about my current living space, because it's great and totally fine for me. . . BUT, if I can upgrade, why not? Plus, when people come to visit, there will be more room. I've asked not to room with the new girl coming from Omaha. I'm not really excited about someone else from home coming out here. Maybe I don't want to feel like I have to hang out with someone just because we're from the same place . . that probabaly sounds terribly mean and I'll probably love her . . but you know?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food sounds and looks great wish I was there to enjoy it myself. How did you swing the upgrade in accommodations. You must have clout.

Anonymous said...

The food does look delicious. Avocadoes yum! That's awesome about the upgrade. I hear what you're saying about not wanting to room with someone from home. Your goal was to go out and explore the world not learn more things about home.

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean!

The avocado looks AMAZING! I want some now!!

a tall sassy gal said...

I will have to try the Avocado that way. Understand on the girl coming from home but hey she could turn out to be your best friend ever.

Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ