Thursday, March 23, 2006

The End Has Come Too Soon

I can't believe my time in San Diego has come to an end so soon. No one expected it. We anticipated being here through the summer. It's good in the sense that the client is victorious (thanks, in part, to our hard work), but now we must leave our paradise. Fortunately, I will be walking away with over 2 months pay (which at my old job would've been about 5 months pay), though I've only been here 3 weeks. It was certainly worth it. And I love the new friends I've made. I'm sure I won't keep in touch with them all . . maybe one or two . . but it's been so much fun. The experience has been wonderful, and I feel that it's freed me almost . . in the sense that I feel like I can do anything now . . I'm not afraid.

I'm not ready to go home and don't expect to for long. I'm talking to a few people about opportunities in a couple of other states. I want to do something I'm excited about that uses my talents . . so we'll see what is available and if anything is a good fit for me.

I have the apartment for another month, so I think I'm going to fly back here with my family for a week to show them San Diego, since we'll have a free place to stay. I'm so excited! Otherwise, if enough people (co-workers) are hanging around here, I may not go home next week and just stay for awhile myself.

It's so beautiful here . . I'm so sad to go so soon, but I suppose living this kind of life for too long would've made it even harder to go back to reality. I'm going to make the most of my last week here, just hanging out with friends every day and trying to fit everything in that I've wanted to do.

Last night, everyone went to En Fuego again, and we had a blast! Let's just say, I lost my voice. It was strange to say good-bye to the some co-workers I won't see again. (Many I will still hang out with, though). I mean, we just found out last night that we were done, so we didn't have any notice. What a shock. Delaware said she stayed in bed this morning for hours not wanting to get up . . you know that feeling when you're sad and you don't know what's next? I will miss her the most. There's a chance we could get a job at the same place which would be awesome!

This morning, I went to Nico's Taco Shop for a breakfast burrito with Rochester and then he & I went to La Jolla with Birmingham and Virginia. We ate at Brockton Villa which supposedly has the best ocean view in La Jolla. Then we walked along the shoreline while I made them constantly stop and pose for pictures. We visited a cave and watched the seals laying out on the beach.















Me, posing next to our table at Brockton.




















































We've decided to plan ahead for the rest of our days in San Diego so as not to waste any time figuring out what to do when each day comes. Tonight, a group of 7 of us went to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Yummm.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Are you kidding? Were you planning on staying only that short amount of time? That is crazy. But at least you had fun.

k said...

Bittersweet huh?

Well if anything, it has opened your eyes to getting out there and exploring, and meeting new people. Enjoy the rest of your time there!

Anonymous said...

I am SO sad for you. I am so glad you made the most of every moment you were there. Honestly you devoured more of California than some people do in a lifetime, which is so awesome for you, you can just hear it in your posts.

I'm so glad you were able to get together with PC. I hope you two stay in touch 'cuz you know how much fun a girls weekend in SD would be :) .

Praying that you'll get a job as fun and exciting and full of new experiences for you that you're hoping for.

Anonymous said...

PS Glad you made the most of every moment and ARE going to make the most of every moment you're there.

Lindsay Blake said...

that is the beach i will be getting married on! oh how i LOVE that beach. it speaks to me :)

Cady said...

wow. i can't believe you're done so soon! you definitely used every minute of your time though which is great. not a moment wasted. :) i'm curious to see what opportunity unfold next for you.

Anonymous said...

um, what do you do again? and can i come do it with you?