Friday, March 31, 2006

One Last Post Before I Go-Go

The past few days have been busy with lots of fun, of course. I don't know what I'll do this next week and a half when I can't blog or post pics while I road-trip and visit the East Coast. There will certainly be a lot to tell when I get back online.

Right now, I'm trying to remember what all has gone on since I last wrote on Monday. (And I'm downloading more music for my iPod . . . Pat Benatar . . very random.) It's really upsetting me that I can't remember what I did Monday.

Ok. . I remember . . I went to the Wild Animal Park with Rochester, Del2, Birmingham, and Philly. Honestly, I wasn't that impressed. We have a great *premier* zoo in Omaha that is a lot better. However, I realize that I didn't go the actual, famous San Diego Zoo, which I'm sure would've been great. I kinda wanted to do the photo caravan where you can get up close to the animals, like giraffes and rhinos. But I didn't want the animals to actually touch me like I'd seen in a picture. And, I didn't want to pay $90+ just to smell them and get a good picture.

After the Park, we stopped at a winery on our way back. It was a fun experience, and I have some great pics. Here's a couple without any people in them.





























On Tuesday, Hillcrest, Virginia, Rochester, Delaware, and I went to Rosarito Beach. Sounds pretty, huh? Nope. Not pretty. Especially not when it's gloomy and rainy. But, even sunny . . not pretty. And it was Spring Break, so all these young'uns were running around. The taxi made me want to burn my clothes and exfoliate my whole body. The condo wasn't anything to write home about either. In fact, I didn't want to sleep under the covers or sit on the couch. Not gross necessarily . . just not nice.
We were hungry by the time we got there, but were afraid to eat anywhere. We asked the guy in the taxi to take us to the nicest restaurant in Rosarito. It certainly wasn't ritzy, but I wasn't scared to eat there . . and, at that point, that's all I cared about. Rochester ate rabbit for dinner . . . mmm. I had some decent quesadillas.

The rest of the night was interesting. I was very excited to go back 'home' the next day. Thank goodness we had Hillcrest (half-Mexican) translating for us the whole time. I could've spoken Spanish, but it wouldn't have sounded nearly as pretty.

Last night, I met up with my aunt and uncle in La Jolla at Roppongi for dinner with their ministry team that just got back from Tijuana. The food was amazing. And we sat outside at a round table with a fire going in the middle. The presentation alone was worth the money . . of course, what am I saying . . the whole time I was thinking, "Geez, I hope I don't have to pay for this, because this is gonna be expensive . . and I just paid $7 to park my car!". . . I didn't (have to pay for dinner) and felt very blessed, as I have frequently been throughout this trip. It was so great to meet up with them and talk about my last month here and my plans for the future.
















Later that night, Rochester and I had a talk. We decided we were just friends. Because we've sort of had a "thing" only it really wasn't much of anything. And now it really is nothing. Confused? Me, too . . just kidding. There is a chance that I will be working with him in the future and I don't need any complications at work . . plus, there's an even greater chance (like a 100% chance) that I wouldn't ever really date him (he doesn't love the Lord . . and, even though I like him and he's my friend . . . sometimes he drives me nuts, because he just doesn't talk enough! I need feedback, people!) So that pretty much seals the deal. Glad to have gotten it out on the table.

Today, I ran errands and had lunch with P.C. at B.J.'s. It was delicious . . and she insisted I try Pizookie (warm cookie in a deep dish with ice cream on top). It's always fun to meet another dessert-lover. She is so sweet and I'm totally bummed that I can't stay and be her friend longer :)

Folks, I have not packed yet! It's 11:45 p.m. and I'm leaving tomorrow for 10 days! Wow . . 10 days! I don't think I can fit 10 days in a carry-on suitcase. Not that Villanova said I have to . . but I thought I'd try to save space in the car. I'm excited to go . . even though I'm not sure what he & I will talk about for five.freaking.days! Good thing I'm a talker and have an awesome iPod. Good thing he likes Coldplay and said he'll let me listen to country when we drive through "country-like states" like Kansas :). Good thing he's not attractive and is kinda nerdy so I will be free of any temptation to grab his hand or sing Tiffany's "I Think We're Alone Now".

Here's, roughly, what the next few days look like:

1. Day One - Drive to Vegas and stay there.
2. Day Two - Drive through beautiful Utah and into Colorado. Stay in Denver.
3. Day Three - Drive through Kansas and Missouri. Stay in St. Louis.
4. Day Four - Drive up to Indianapolis and go to the March Madness Championship game!!!
5. Day Five - Drive to Philly (I think)
After that, we'll be meeting up with Delaware in Delaware. We also plan to make a trip to NYC. I'll stay with Delaware for a few days and we'll drive down to visit Rochester in D.C. for a couple of days. Then I'll fly back to San Diego and spend a week with the fam.

I'll miss reading all of your blogs. Stay tuned . . .

9 comments:

Lindsay Blake said...

laura!!! sounds so much fun! i want to go to the championship game! so jealous! tell me all about it. let's get together when you return to the Big-O... you know i leave soon. we need to make it happen. enjoy the east coast. that has a piece of my heart. love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like SUCH a blast. What a fabulous road trip!

Pazookie's!! That's the name I was trying to remember. There was a place in Santa Cruz that served those too and Brandon and I were obsessed on them before we found out PC and her fiancee were too.

That winery picture with the wine glass is gorgeous! I've always wanted to do that

Anonymous said...

Oh and drive safe!

Unknown said...

Wow this is going to be quite a trip!! Have fun and I can't wait to see all your pictures and hear all about it!

Cady said...

wow, you had a great last few days there! it's so sad you have to leave though. :( i can't wait to hear how your trip to the east coast goes!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having fun and being safe on your road trip! Missing your updates!

Anonymous said...

I see you in 3 days!! I got a really cool hat the other day and ur gonna like it.. :) It matches a shirt that you have..

k said...

I hope the trip went well! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I want asked and propose the following..

terreni
http://terreni2.mobeditor.com/terreni.html
terreni
terreno
http://terreni2.mobeditor.com/terreno.html
terreno
test-taking-preparation
http://terreni2.mobeditor.com/test-taking-preparation.html
test-taking-preparation
test-tramadol
http://terreni2.mobeditor.com/test-tramadol.html
test-tramadol
testosterone
http://terreni2.mobeditor.com/testosterone.html
testosterone

Thanks.