Saturday, March 25, 2006

Play & Work

Yesterday was gorgeous, just like the day before. I went golfing with Rochester, Virginia, and Phoenix. (I haven't mentioned Phoenix before. He was my "supervisor" at work. He is over 30, balding, and has the most awkward personality of anyone I've ever met. He makes cracks about Nebraska all the time, but they are so lame that I have to force the most unnatural chuckles and hope he goes away.)

We had an early tee time at a country club, because Virginia's parents belong . . but, although someone had told him he could play under their membership, they told him he couldn't once we got there. So, we ended up playing a public course. It was nice, just not near as nice as the private course. I hadn't played 18 holes in awhile, but since it was such a beautiful day and I was playing pretty well, it was a lot of fun.

Back at home, I sent my resume to my cousin in D.C. upon his request. I didn't include information about the project I just did, because I figured he knew all about it and didn't know if his intention was to send it on to other people or just look at it himself and let me know if he thought anything they had might be a good fit for me. Well, duh, of course he wants to send it on, and he just emailed me to add the project. Dang! I get so perfectionistic (is that a word??) about stuff like this and now I'll probably spend all day trying to word it correctly. Plus, usually no one at your previous places of employment ever sees your resume so you can really talk it up and exaggerate, but now I'll be worried about how to do that, since he knows and will be reading it. I planned to go to the beach right now for quiet time, but I'm afraid this is way more important. Plus, if I get a call to do something fun in a couple of hours, I don't want to feel irresponsible leaving this for later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart girl. Don't you love the feeling when you don't procrastinate and you get it done and think about it later and realize I don't have to do that I already did it. Here's to getting it done quickly and well!