Monday, March 27, 2006

Fun While I'm Here, Plans For When I Go

Last night, a group of us went to the Gaslamp Quarter for dinner at Bella Luna. I had the grilled prime filet mignon, millefoglie potatoes, with porcini mushroom sauce. And I had several bites of Delaware's bow tie pasta, fresh salmon, and spinach, in a light martini pink sauce. Hungry yet?? The best part was that, much to our surprise, we didn't have to pay for it! One of our managers was there and picked up the tab. Probably the last free meal I'll get while I'm out here.

This morning, I went to church at South Coast, knowing it would be my last time (unless I take my parents for their Easter service when they visit). I really like that church and am disappointed I can't attend longer. But, God knows.

Much of the rest of my day was unproductive, and it was driving me nuts! A group of us had planned to go miniature golfing, but the time kept getting pushed back. A couple of people bailed (the ones whose idea it was in the first place) but we finally ended up going around 4:30. Up until that point, all I'd done since noon was a little laundry and b-ball game-watching with Rochester. Which, by the way, I've now gone from 1st place to 2nd and have no chance of winning. I picked UConn to go all the way. *Frown* Hopefully I'll still get 2nd or 3rd place.

After mini-golfing, we went back to Del Mar to eat dinner at Bully's. They're supposed to have the best prime rib in San Diego. I tasted Rochester's and it was pretty amazing. I just stuck with a chicken sandwich and baked potato. It's funny when we all eat out together and people show their IDs because everyone is from a different state, yet we're all hanging out acting like old friends.

I've been talking to Villanova lately (someone I haven't mentioned before). He attends law school at Villanova and lives in Philadelphia. He had his car shipped out here and will be driving back cross-country for the experience rather than having it shipped back. He said anyone that wants to come along can come, so I'm in! We're going to discuss the course and all the places we'll stop. I can't wait to visit states I've never seen before. Once I get to the East Coast, the plan is to stay with Delaware for a few days before flying back to San Diego for a vacation with my family. Let's hope that something along the lines of a job will be in the works during that period of time!! I've emailed my resume to one of my managers to take a look at it and offer suggestions (it's hard to sum up what I've just done) and hope to be in touch with a couple of people next week.

I can't believe I only have 4 days left with my new friends! It's going to fly by. I hope to make the most of each day!

3 comments:

k said...

So small world as that is where I went to school! Sounds like you are going to be having an awesome next few weeks! I can’t wait to hear about your cross country trip – maybe I’ll get some ideas of where to stop when I do my trip this summer.

Anonymous said...

Road trip! Sounds like a blast. It's so awesome that you're taking all these wonderful chances to have such exciting new adventures!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip if we don't hear from you before then!