Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Grammys

Instead of getting to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks, I chose to sit down and watch the Grammy's last night. And I'm so glad I did. I loved nearly every performance, minus Katy Perry's. I had to put it on mute so I didn't start to sing along. So catchy that song!


Just when I thought it wasn't possible to love Coldplay more, a new spring of adoration burst from within me. I have every single song they've ever recorded – which is nearly 80. And Radiohead? That is the one redeeming quality about The Kansan – he introduced me to them, and it was so worth putting up with his cheesiness for a few months.


I don't care that the gunfire is a bit creepy in "Paper Planes", I love that song and can't listen to it without doing the hand motions. I thoroughly enjoyed the collaboration between Jay-Z, T.I., Kanye, and . . LIL' WAYNE. I am newly obsessed with this rapper and gansta, many thanks to my cousin who appears to be rubbing off on me. The reason I stayed up until 2:30am on Saturday? researching Lil' Wayne, watching his interview with Katie Couric when she asked about the prescription cough syrup he was addicted to and all the weed he smoked, and reading his tattoos – the prayer on his back and the "I Am Music" over his right eyebrow. And then I made my roommate stay up as I spit out all the random facts I'd just absorbed.


". . wow . . . that is more than I ever wanted to know about Lil' Wayne."


He really is extremely talented. I just wish his music wasn't so vulgar and full of expletives. The beats, his voice . . amazing.


And let me end by commenting on the beginning. U2. How excited am I that they're coming out with a new cd?! New cd means another tour! I certainly shouldn't break my streak by missing this one.

No comments: