Monday, April 02, 2007

Another Visitor!

Counting down hours to an event (namely “going home”) that is several days away can really wear on a person . . . which is why a visit from my good friend, Shae, last weekend was just what I needed to break up the anticipation. In Baltimore for business, she extended her stay through the weekend so she could come down and spend time with me. My bedroommate was in Boston, so the other bed in my room was available just for her, and after picking her up on Thursday night, we were able to lay there until way past my bedtime just gabbing about life. It was “one more thing” after “one more thing” until finally dozing off. I still worked on Friday, but she came in to the office to meet my co-workers, and we all headed to Papa R@zzi (probably one of my most frequently visited restaurants) and ordered Pollo e Spinaci pizza and gnocchi with mozzarella.

The unfortunate part of having a non-basketball liking friend visit on the weekend of the Final Four is that you’ll clearly feel bad if you force that friend to watch the games. So we had a compromise of sorts: shopping during the Georgetown game in Georgetown (painful), but later meeting up with my UCLA girls for that game. We ended the night with two pieces of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. I highly recommend Banana Cream! . . the only thing it needed was mayybe a drizzle of chocolate, because I’m convinced that anything would taste a little bit better with a smidge (or a cup) of chocolate.

So Shae’s trip flew by, just like all of my favorite moments in life that involve people I love, shopping, and eating good food. And there are more of those great moments to come as I travel home to Omaha on Friday. I can’t wait!

3 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

I like all the cheesecakes there except the Banana. I can't stand Banana anything really. I can handle Banana pudding and nut bread but that is about it. :)

my life is brilliant said...

How fun! I love going home. AND when friends visit. :)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you got to spend some time with your friend! i love shopping in georgetown. :) joe's going to want to try that cheesecake. he loves any kind of cheesecake. he does not discriminate. :)