Friday, April 27, 2007

Philadelphia


I've left the hotel only once to have dinner at a nearby pub, but in a few hours, the three of us will escape the world of policy wonks to have dinner on South Street. I've been given a very important task this afternoon; much more amusing than listening to speakers or emailing folks back at the office. The task is to pick a restaurant. My pleasure! So I've chosen South Street, of course - famous for its eclectic shops and diversity. And we'll be eating gourmet Southern cuisine. The menu looks delicious!
At the moment, I'm hanging out in New Girl's room. It's not fair that she got a chaise lounge and I didn't, so she's letting me hang out in here while she takes a nap . . pantless of course. The second we get back to our rooms, her pants are off in a flash. She likes to sit around in her underwear. And she calls me weird. I suppose you can do whatever you want in your own room. Don't let me stop you. And it's true that when I'm alone, it's usually not just my pants that come off. I always like to take advantage of my room's amenities (which is why I was so upset about no chaise lounge). I use the robe, the hair dryer, and the TV even when I'm not watching it, simply because I can choose the channel. I eat every single Hershey's kiss they leave on my pillow, and I use the provided toiletries too, although I never take them home with me. If my room is especially nice, I even take a picture . . but that should come as no surprise. I've taken a picture here . . . and then kicked myself when I realized my battery was dying, and I just wasted my last photo on a couple of beds!
If it wasn't pouring outside, I'd be sightseeing right now. It's much more fun than working. And besides, it's Friday. We're leaving early and heading home tonight. I'm enjoying the food and change of surroundings so much that I'm a little disappointed. Home may be home, but I don't have a television in my room, and I can't order room service, leave my towels on the floor or walk around without any clothes on.

2 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

I love hotels that have all those things too.

my life is brilliant said...

Gourmet Southern cuisine in Philadelphia? That's interesting ... :) How was it?

And I definitely agree -- gotta love those amenities, although I'm always scared to actually use the robes. Do they wash those things every time?