Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Wednesday Night

Very strange that an entire paragraph of my last post has gone missing! Yet the whole thing still reads normal. Weird. So we actually did more during Shae's visit, but the shopping and eating - those are the most important parts anyway.

All the excitement about going home was building and building until I realized that the temperatures would be even colder than those forecasted here. Forty degrees!? It's because I put away my sweaters, that's why. I was hesitant to do it and now that I have, my dream of open-toed shoes and skirts has been snatched away from me. I'm tempted to defy reality and pack my flip flops anyway.

My week is creeping by at a snail's pace, but it's certainly not been boring. Monday evening, BSG and I took advantage of all 80 degrees outside by grabbing a bite at Clyde's on the Walk and eating it on her rooftop in the middle of the city. We then watched the local news, which by the way I am never doing again. This place is dangerous. If I don't get taken out by a terrorist taxi cab driver, I'll either get mugged or worse by a Salvadoran gang member or hit by a bus while crossing the street. On my walk home from the metro that night I was positive the man behind me was following me, and I jogged the two blocks in heels. There's no place like home, there's no place like home . . (Nebraska, that is).

Last night, my old roommate KC had fourth row tickets to the Capitals hockey game. More fun than watching the game was flirting with hot guy in the row behind me. It's not often I see someone attractive in this city, and I like to take advantage of each and every opportunity to get to know someone new. Thanks to KC for shouting "He's not for you" loud enough for him to hear . . because for a moment there I thought random boy at the hockey game might have been my next boyfriend.

Tonight I am writing on this blog because I want to avoid working for as.long.as.possible since I escaped my desk today for all of five minutes, and I NEED A BREAK. If I don't write again before the weekend, know that there will be many pictures to come!

2 comments:

a tall sassy gal said...

Glad you get to go home. I will be coming home the following weekend to help my little sister with prom.

Have a great Easter!

my life is brilliant said...

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the weather lately. It's been consistently around the 70s -- in the 80s a few times -- and all of a sudden, it's in the low 60s again. Thirties at night!

How are we supposed to know what to wear when the weather is acting this way?!

P.S. I'm scared to watch the local news in Dallas too. It's too depressing, anyway.