Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Restaurant

So the restaurant I picked was amazing. The three of us ate so much food that we all wanted to puke when it was over. I literally left my pants unbuttoned under my long shirt after visiting the restroom. I wanted to think back and remember the deliciousness I'd just consumed during the last hour, but each time I even thought about food, I felt ill. Still, it was great!

We each ordered a cocktail. Mine was a Flaming Hurricane and came out with an actual flame on top. They brought us complimentary bread with two spreads. One was a jalapeno white bean spread. The other was more solid and also had some jalapeno in it. So unique and so good! The girls ordered gumbo, which I tasted (a few times) and wow!, very good. For the main course, I ordered Chilean sea bass that was specially crisped and baked on top of garlic mashed potatoes and sitting in a plate of jalapeno-infused black beans and greens and topped with salsa and guac. Upon finishing the entire plate, I decided dessert was going to make me sick, but how could I pass it up? So I ordered the bananas foster and it was the best bananas foster I've ever had! It didn't taste like rum at all, but was fantastic! I, again, cleaned my plate.
















So, if you're ever in Philly, check out Crescent City. You won't regret it.

4 comments:

Jenny @ jennycollier.com said...

yum, yum, yum!

Unknown said...

YUM!!! Love it! That's the one thing that always makes me hesitant about bananas foster, the rum taste.

a tall sassy gal said...

Holy cow I am droolling now!

my life is brilliant said...

Ooo, that looks so good! I'm surprised to see gourmet Southern cuisine didn't include chicken fried steak. *sigh*