Friday, April 27, 2007

when separated, there's always email

New Girl and I split up at the big dinner last night to meet more people. We exchanged the following emails:

NG: I think the boy next to me loves me.

Me: Can you see me? Where are you sitting?

NG: I'm looking but I can't find you.
NG: So there's a dessert spoon but no dessert fork. What do you think that means?

Me: Good observation. Hmm. Did you eat your first plate? Interesting.

NG: A fig and a beet I think. The creme fresh was delish. I'm thinking the dessert will be chocolate mouse.

Me: Good guess. You're probably right. I'm cool with that. I wondered what I just ate. It was unique for sure.

NG: Wasn't the creme fresh perfect! Just like a light yogurt! Maybe it'll be creme brulee?

Me: Now that would be yummy!

NG: OMG! You love _____ ! (the speaker)

Me: Well he's right.

Me: I found you. Does the priest love you???

NG: I laughed out loud on that one. No, it's the bald guy.

Me: New Girl! He's married! Stop flirting with the bald guy!

NG: What? It's over? No dessert??!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a riot and so cute! i love reading your blogs! they haven't been as frequent, but JUST as hilarious. more please. :) -smita a.

my life is brilliant said...

Nice! :)