Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Maybe Don Johnson would've been cooler

I guess you could say I met two famous people last night. The first is not so well-known, but his office is right next door to someone very well-known, so I'm gonna go ahead and call him famous. He was extremely nice, and I am so excited to be working with him on a project that takes something I love (that is usually mostly bad) and incorporates a whole lot of good into it. He is anything but nuts. He is light amongst a heck of a lot of darkness.

The second person I met was bad skin, lips loudly parting Edward J@mes Olmos. I, of course, told him I'd watched Miami Vice as a child with Dad. He made some comment about how long ago that was, and then he was stolen away by someone else. He was on the dinner agenda, and I was looking forward to hearing him speak . . until he started speaking. I found myself wondering if someone hadn't challenged him to see how many offensive and irrelevant things he could say in a half hour. Or dared him to embarass the very people that asked him to speak in front of hundreds of stakeholders. I've never felt so uncomfortable. I think the general consensus on his "speech" was . . . WTF???!!!!

Although it was painful hearing him speak, at least I got to sit there in my black dress that I got loads of compliments on. Unfortunately there was no picture taking to be done. Because "Work L___" can't be touristy and star-struck because she is working. Sad.

Now "Work L___" is in Philadelphia for three days in a hotel that is (as my co-worker Bourbon calls it) "pretty money". I can see the river from my 17th story room and right outside the front door is City Hall. I wish I had time to sightsee while I'm here. I really like this city with all its unique neighborhoods, and although I've seen quite a bit of it before, I know there's so much more to discover.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Take a picture of the dress! I love dresses!