1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
I stood up in a wedding as maid of honor! Woot woot!
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Rather than resolving to do something, which only works if I've decided to go shopping or let myself indulge in sweets, I like to reflect on my year, take note of my failures or areas I could improve, and then purpose to do so in the coming year. To a great extent, I was successful in doing that this year, so I hope the year to come is even better in that regard.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my beautiful friend had a baby girl [Chloe], and my old high school friend had a little boy [Luke].
4. Did anyone close to you die?
no, praise God
5. What countries did you visit?
No countries this year
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
I want closer friends here in D.C., people I can do nothing with and love every second of it.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 23rd, my Best Friend's wedding
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I did get a promotion at the beginning of the year and continued to learn more and more in my new position.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed to keep up my daily quiet times at the most crucial point in my year, and things took a turn for the not so good - surprise, surprise.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I tore my MCL, and paying that deductible was not fun.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
decor for my entry way; it makes my apartment seem much more welcoming
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hmm, how about mine! For still being nice to The Texan and handling things in a mature way . .
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't know about depressed, but I was very disappointed by The Texan’s behavior. But it was the Lord’s protection that I saw his character flaw so early on. As my uncle says "Character can be the difference between a life of blessing and a life sentence. Many people are serving their time."
14. Where did most of your money go? Plane tickets and the IRS (I was self-employed part of last year).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Best Friend’s wedding, our trip to Fort Lauderdale, and going home for the 4th of July
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Ring of Fire" - Johnny Cash; We would loudly belt it out at every game watch for some random reason
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? sadder b) thinner or fatter? Probably the same c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading, exercising, and serving
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Nothing. I did way too much of nothing this year, which translates into letting the computer suck hours and hours of sweet, precious time from my life, time I can't ever have back! Gah!
20. How did you spend Christmas?
with my family, and it was wonderful
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
22. How many one-night stands?
seriously? of course not.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hating is a sin and also requires way too much energy . . but I do temporarily dislike someone.
25. What was the best book you read?
How sad; I think the only book I actually finished completely was “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”. No wait! I read “When I Don’t Desire God”, and it was fantastic!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didn’t do as much music discovery this year, but Colbie Callait has a nice sound.
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to slalom waterski, and I was able to do that a few times which made me extremely happy. I also wanted a trip to Austin, and that ended up happening too.
28. What did you want and not get?
I always want a dSLR. Someday. Someday.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Dan in Real Life; loved it.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and went to an upscale restaurant on the Potomac with my group of girlfriends (the old Bible study girls; it was delicious! My mom came to visit a week later, and we went shopping for my birthday gift, a new pair of designer jeans.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?giving more of myself away
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
This year’s style could be called ‘leftovers’. I honestly bought less clothes than ever this year (if you ignore last week's shopping spree), and . . just checked my pulse, I’m still alive! I learned that re-wearing things isn’t so bad after all. Imagine that.
33. What kept you sane?
Traveling and having visitors (Shae, Mom, my sister, Alabama, Uncle Ken, my former youth leader, and Best Friend).
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Steve Carrell is hilarious.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
the war (but I am not against it)
36. Who did you miss?
family and friends at home . . a lot
37. Who was the best new person you met?
my bedroommate Lyn
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
I learned that box seats are awesome in every venue. . Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches do get old. . and I learned how to fight for joy and desire God above everything else in life, which is a process of course. Living like I do is my goal for 2008.