Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Christmas Decor

DSC_0759

We finished decorating the tree tonight with gold ribbon, clear crystals, and red bows.

Now that I see this picture, I'm going to go remove that odd blue bulb hanging out there all by his lonesome.

DSC_0752


I added some red bows to the otherwise boring wreath on the front door, but now I'd like to add more! Little gold balls or something shiny.

DSC_0757


I love our big poinsettia, too. What I really wanted to purchase was a couple of topiaries for either side of the fireplace. A little more than I wanted to spend, I'm afraid.

If only I could find the Department 56 Snow Village piece my grandmother gave me. I should be bringing home another piece from her collection this year, and I'm excited to start putting together my own village. Have you seen these pieces before? I think they look so magical all lit up!

Do you all have a favorite Christmas decoration?

3 comments:

Mom said...

I just enjoy putting the ornaments on our tree because they often represent a memory. For instance, the baby carriage representing your first Christmas!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ahhhhhhh, I miss Christmas in D.C. sooooo much! Those cookies look delish!

Liz said...

Aw, so pretty. And I think that Dept 56 is the village that I have, but I don't see any of mine on there. I'll have to take a picture of my village this year cause it looks so pretty!