Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Getting in the Christmas Spirit

Last night, Tim and I went to see the National Christmas Tree at the White House. I wish I could tell you that Tim was my new boyfriend, but it's only the name of my new camera. Yes, I took The Girl's advice and gave it a name. Whether it's named after that fantastic UF quarterback I wish was six years older and available, a fictional, and oh so hot, fullback, or a colleague and great photographer from my last job . . well, I'm not even sure. The name just seemed right.

So off we went, walking many, many blocks in 30 degree temps with no mittens, and all we got were these pictures, because my fingers hurt so bad I wanted to cry. I think I really did whimper right there in front of the tree, as I was fiddling with the different settings, and I finally decided to head home.
(If you click on this picture, you can see one of many little train sets at the forefront and the children singing off in the distance.)Nebraska's tree (every state and territory has one) was covered in dream catcher ornaments. Seriously?! I would've gone with ears of corn and footballs.

Tomorrow night is my old firm's holiday party. I'm so excited to see the New.seum and eat all the yummy food . . and see all my old co-workers, of course! It will also be fun to wear my new dress:
The question is: black peep toes or red pumps?

6 comments:

k said...

red pumps

steve and randel hambrick said...

mmmmm.. i'm not bold enough for red pumps.. especially if red is only on your feet. can you add in a splash somewhere else to connect it?

Anne said...

Good for you for taking the big leap and buying an awesome camera. I have one of those on my eternal wishlist. If you're interested in a good photography book you should check out "the Basic Book of Photography" by Tom and Michele Grimm. It's a pretty easy read and covers EVERYTHING you'd want to know about photography.

How cool that you're having your company party at the Newseum. Ours is at the Air and Space Museum this year and I can't wait!

I'm with K. Red pumps!

Stacey said...

I think the red pumps would be awesome. But I would love to see the rest of the dress! Judging from the print, it's got to be stunning!

m said...

I'd go with red pumps!

Anonymous said...

i've been really wanting to go to the newseum! it looks so awesome. i could spend forever there.