Thursday, October 26, 2006

Today

New Girl, on riding with me:

"Your driving kinda fits your personality. Not dangerous but slightly spontaneous."


Me, on mismatched foundation:

New Girl, at the bathroom sink, talking to a maintenance woman: “Is my foundation streaky?”

Me, from the stall: “Yes”.

New Girl, as she sees that it’s me exiting the stall: “Is doesn’t look that bad, does it?”

Me: “Only in the daylight”.

I’m a firm believer that no loyalty to a cosmetic brand should override the need for a better foundation. In fact, I have a couple of friends who need to either fork out more money at the tanning salon or invest in a lighter foundation and some bronzer. My comments to New Girl may seem harsh, but that wasn't the first time we'd talked about it.


On discovering, via my mother, that I can no longer vote in Nebraska:

Me: Well you call them back and tell them that I am NOT a Virginian. They need to send me my absentee ballot.

Mom: In your heart, you’re a Nebraskan. . but in reality, you’re a Virginian. Sorry, but you’re going to have register to vote in Virginia.

It was bad enough having to face the fact that I no longer have a voice in Nebraska . . on top of that, I also realized that I am too late to register to vote here! I cannot vote in the elections! This is a crime . . a crime punishable by a Democratic majority in the House and Senate! This means that if indeed the Dems do regain control in the House (Senate not likely), I will be partially to blame! I can’t carry around guilt like that!

Make sure you do your part and VOTE on election day! If you’re red like me, then cast aside your discouragement with the Republican party and give them a vote of confidence! The thought of higher taxes, weakened national security, and having to fight for good judges in the Supreme Court makes me cringe. I’ve been having nightmares about Nancy Pelosi already.

(I could go on and on, but I don’t want my Democratic readers getting uncomfortable.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so when you vote, do you vote down the party line or do you actually think about the issues?


thanks
Ben Nelson

Courtney said...

1. Glad to see you so passionate about voting!!! :) YAY! Red, Blue, Purple... I don't care, I just LOVE to see people voting - hello!!! It's what makes this country the BEST! (But boooooo that you can't vote in this election.)

2. I'm with you all the way on the foundation thing! Seriously people! Get a mirror and some natural light. It's not that difficult.

Stacey said...

Mismatched foundation always amazes me. It's your face ... the first thing a person notices about you - and what stares back at you in the mirror! It's not that difficult, but even if it were, there's always the lab coat girls at the department store to help. I think you were completely right to tell the truth to New Girl. I could only hope someone would do the same for me ... yikes!

a tall sassy gal said...

updated my blog finally and with hawaii pics