Sunday, October 01, 2006

Day Trip














Big Sky Girl and I decided to make good use of our Saturday by taking a short trip to Maryland's capital, Annapolis. I had heard how cute it was there, right on the water . . sailboats and old buildings . . amazing crab sandwiches, crab soup, you name it. Oh! and let's not forget all the Navy boys walking around, because the Naval Academy is right there.

Before getting to the harbor, we made a stop at the Pennsylvania Dutch farmer's market. You know it took everything in me to not whip out my camera and snap a few photos of the Amish folk. The first thing BSG and I spotted was the case of cakes. We immediately purchased one slice each: coconut for BSG and banana cake for me. The market was like a grocery store. They had everything, including candies, flour, spices, meats, pretzels, everything. On my way out, I snatched a bag of chocolate covered pretzels for my roommate, KC, and BSG and I vowed to return in a couple of weeks . . with a cooler!

Historic Annapolis was so cute . . one of those places you want to immediately move to, because how could life get better than this? . . living right on the harbor in the sailing capital of America. We walked blocks and blocks around the area in our blazers and pointed toe shoes, clearly sticking out amongst other tourists. We ate at a restaurant on the water . . hamburgers topped with crab meat . . mixing our love of beef with a taste of the coast. (To be honest, though, I should've stuck with a crab cake sandwich.)













We plan to return soon - next time to actually walk around the Naval Academy and maybe talk to a real estate agent about moving there.

5 comments:

s said...

i love annapolis-i'm not sure if i mentioned this but i went to school in baltimore for awhile. we used to take day trips down there. wait till you walk around the naval academy. it's so beautiful- try and take a tour if they still offer them. i miss maryland sometimes so badly. im excited to head down to baltimore in a few weeks to visit my old roommates and have some crabs.

Anonymous said...

We just watched the movie Annapolis so this made me think of that. What a gorgeous little town - the harbor being right there reminds me of Santa Barbara. How much fun to just go walk and enjoy!

Cady said...

annapolis is probably my most favorite city. man. i am really missing living up there now. heh.

Liz said...

What a cute town. I've never been to Annapolis, but those pictures sure make me miss the East Coast. California is great, but it definitely lacks the history and that great "east coast" feel.

k said...

After your (and everyone else's) raves about Annapolis, I have another place I just HAVE to visit now!