Friday, October 06, 2006

Milwaukee Part II

Spending a full 3 days surrounded by policy experts has been . . well, cool. There have been moments on this trip where I have felt pretty useless as to my purpose for being here, since I was stuck overseeing a room every day. However, I've been able to socialize with two clients one-on-one, which is something that I don't believe anyone else in my position at work has been able to do. I also saw someone I knew from Nebraska who we (my company) may be able to work with in the future. (Yay for contributing to our list of contacts!)

I am constantly put in situations that are a greater boost to my self-esteem and make me feel confident of what I am capable of. This is good, because I know that success can only happen when you have a high level of self-esteem (along with several other characteristics, of course). All that to say, I've got a long way to go, but I've learned so much in the past 5 months, it's crazy. I may not be rolling in the big bucks, but I feel like I'm being paid to learn. And for being paid to learn, I'm doing pretty dang good.

Oh, and another cool thing - the former Majority Leader of the ______ State Senate approached me and we had a nice conversation. Preeetty cool. heheh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Business trips sound so fun!

Courtney said...

neat!!!

Courtney said...

GAME DAY!!!!!