Sunday, September 13, 2009

Charleston

Charleston is just lovely, and I was thrilled when my friends suggested we swing by for a couple of days following our time in Atlanta. I was able to see more of a city I'd already fallen in love with on my visit three years ago.

IMG_0962

If it had been up to me, we would've spent even more time strolling and taking pictures of the lovely homes downtown. Maybe we would've taken a carriage tour, as well. I do love history.

IMG_0960

There are tons, and I mean tons of churches.

IMG_0959

Don't you just want to take a stroll down this alley? I can't get enough of the palmetto trees!

IMG_0984

The girls and I thought this would be the perfect spot for a model pose.

IMG_0997

I would love to eat at Magnolia's next time we're in town, although I can't complain about the delicious food I was able to enjoy.

IMG_1006

Craving some low country food, we ended up at Jestine's Kitchen. I was in fried food heaven. We started with some corn bread and honey butter before our dishes came.

IMG_0963

IMG_0971

It was a tough decision, but I went with the fried chicken and fried okra with a side of coleslaw.

IMG_0973

You know I saved room for dessert, which was an even harder decision to make. I narrowed it down to pecan pie or banana pudding, but ended up going with the latter . . as long as my friend promised to share his pie.

IMG_0974

I'll be back to share more later . .

No comments: