Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Being a Bit Domestic

I'm back from Labor Day vacation, and it was wonderful!

The first thing I wanted to do when I got home was . . cook, of all things! I never cook. But when I'm in the mood, I try to roll with it. The more comfortable I become in the kitchen, the better.

Initially I thought chicken, but I wanted to share with my vegetarian roommate.

Herb-encrusted snapper it was . .

herb-encrusted snapper and couscous

I used thyme and parsley and mixed corn with the couscous. It was easy, {unfortunately quite expensive}, and very delicious!

I was so pleased with the results, I didn't want to leave the kitchen. Another roommate and I whipped up some whole wheat cookies . .

DSC_1572

Maybe I can cook!

2 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

Yum! It looks delicious!

I've been surprising myself lately in the kitchen too! Thank goodness I can follow recipes! That's awesome that you can just make up your own! I'm not quite there yet. :)

boodut said...

whole wheat cookies? Are you kidding me?? If I'm going to indulge, I'm gonna enjoy--to the full! haha