Friday, July 31, 2009

One Last Walk

Packing was fun . . until it wasn't fun anymore. Until I became emotional about leaving my neighborhood, my garage, the proximity to Georgetown and everything else. I can get anywhere I need to be in about ten minutes or less. And I'm sad to let that go. I've lived here for 3 years, nearly the entire time I've been in D.C., and I'm sentimental.

So tonight I begged the girls to walk to Georgetown with me. 75 degrees and perfect, I wanted frozen yogurt. And I wanted to enjoy that walk for the last time from my apartment.

DSC_1495

2 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

How funny that you and I are going thru the same thing right now. I haven't said anything on my blog because I've been emotional about moving away from, just as you said, my neighborhood, my friends, my apartment from day one. I'm really glad I have you to go through it with. Email me about it if you want more details, but I don't feel like talking about it on my blog yet : ( .

Hope said...

OK, that looks delicious. I've never heard of ice berry but now I must find it. I hope it cheered you up!