Friday, October 12, 2007

Lobster Dinner

I'm leaving the conference so thankful that I was able to come. The speakers were much more entertaining than last year, I saw many familiar faces and even made some new 'friends'.

Last night, we all boarded a ferry and rode across the bay to Pe.ak's Island for an amazing lobster dinner at an inn that you would only find on the East Coast. I'd never eaten an entire lobster before, but it was a fun experience! The lobster was served with a bowl of clam chowder, corn on the cob, a baked potato, and a roll. I literally got a great taste of Maine while being here. After our time on the island, many of us found ourselves at an Irish pub pounding our fists on the table and singing along as the band played.

The sad part of the evening was when I discovered that my Blackberry was nowhere to be found. Even worse than not being able to call others is not knowing when others are trying to call me! Unfortunately I had to tell my boss that no, I did not have a security code on my phone. Oops.

The rain is coming down hard outside with temps in the 50s. I'm hoping the skies clear up before Best Friend arrives and we explore the city a bit. The past two Fridays, I've been wanting to hang out with her and tonight I get to!-yay!

No comments: