Wednesday, May 19, 2010

With Mom and Sis in D.C.

*Sigh* We made it back to D.C.
Mom was so glad. “It’s nice to be back in your little town,” she said. Yes, New York does make it feel little.

On Saturday morning, I took them to Eastern Market, a favorite spot of mine. We waited in line at the crepe cart, ordering savory crepes for our meal . . and sweet ones for dessert.

crepe stand, Eastern Market

We walked along the rows of vendors, admiring the jewelry, art, and delicious fruits and veggies. Mom walked away with a pretty necklace, and I took home a painting and my first bouquet of peonies, my absolute favorite flower!

eastern market

eastern market

Of course, no visit would be complete without a stop by Georgetown Cupcake, and as usual, I couldn’t order just one. One of my new favorites is peanut butter fudge! . . and mint oreo!

Gtown cupcakes

We spent the evening making pizzas at KC’s place with a group of my friends, playing a little Rock Band, and finishing the night at one of the Waterfront’s outdoor bars. The weather was perfect!

On Sunday, we managed to fill the day visiting family that live in the area.

I’m so happy they were able to visit (only their 2nd time in four years), and I hope it’s not quite as long before they come again! Next time Dad and Brother and Bro-in-Law need to come, too!

No comments: