Tuesday, February 02, 2010

2009 Movie

One month into 2010, and boy am I easily distracted! It’s true, I didn’t make resolutions this year, but I have wanted to get a move-on toward a few personal goals and on one of them – well, I've gotten a bit sidetracked. So I’m just going to pretend February is the start of the New Year and press on.

I had wanted to do a little recap of my 2009, so I ended up playing with iMovie for the first time in many years . . and voila:

2009 from LP on Vimeo.

2009 was quite the eventful year. Job-wise it was fantastic in some ways and mind-numbingly boring in others. Friend-wise, it was rich. Travel-wise, it was pretty jam-packed.

As you can see in my “movie”, I traveled to many places in a short twelve months:

JANUARY: Portland, Seattle, Colorado Springs/Keystone, Scottsdale/Sedona/Phoenix

FEBRUARY: Portland, Seattle

APRIL: Nashville

MAY: New York City, Outer Banks

JULY: Nebraska

AUGUST: Virginia Beach

SEPTEMBER: Atlanta, Charleston, Blacksburg

OCTOBER: Indiana, Nebraska {And I drove through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, and Iowa, too!}

NOVEMBER: Miami, Key West, Cozumel, Williamsburg

DECEMBER Chapel Hill, Detroit, Nebraska

I hope you enjoy the video and "meeting" some of my wonderful friends. It was fun to make, although it was so difficult to pick pictures and when I watch it now, I keep thinking of photos I should've included. But I think 8 minutes is long enough!

(I just have to give a shout-out to K, because she was a wonderful host in Seattle last January and once I published my video, that was the first thing I noticed!-no pictures of us together. I also left out so many great cruise pictures. With thousands of pictures, I guess I was bound to have trouble selecting just a couple hundred.)

2 comments:

my life is brilliant said...

What a cool video! And what a great year!

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks honey! I was just excited to see Seattle in there (I've told lots of people the story of your sis calling when we were at Mt Rainier and you were like... guess where I am...!!). Loved the video!