Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What I've Been Eating

Between dancing, a fun country concert, and an evening on the river, I also fit in a couple of delicious meals at restaurants I hadn't yet tried this weekend.

On Friday evening, my roommates and I headed to Old Town Alexandria for a tiny little sushi place that Lyn swore was amazing. She was right! MOMO served some very unique sushi rolls, including one with avocado, crab, and pineapple, as well as a deep fried roll with crab and bbq sauce on top. Oh.my.goodness was it good!

IMG_0107

And like many places do, they served us a delicious bowl of miso soup with tiny bits of tofu. I have to be honest, I included this part just to gross my dad out.

IMG_0105

Every time I eat sushi, I'm faced with the decision of whether or not to use chopsticks. Thanks to my Asian roommate, I went with chopsticks this time, as she is an ever-so-patient teacher, and no matter how many times she shows me, I have to re-learn it all over again.

IMG_0108

On Sunday, I asked my guy friend TK to come to brunch. A gorgeous day for an outdoor brunch in Georgetown, we chose to eat at perhaps the most European-feeling restaurant in the whole neighborhood (at least in my experience).

IMG_0255

The crowd at Leopold's Kafe seems strictly local and very diverse, and the food was completely divine and perfectly unique. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find our meals on the online menu, but I ordered a cheddar omelet with arugula (and oh, it tasted much better than it sounds), and TK went with blueberry buckwheat pancakes.

IMG_0261

Since European cafes are known for their pastries, I had to order dessert, as well. I can't recall exactly what was in this deliciousness, but it did include very subtle bits of coconut, pineapple, and . . well, something else delectable!

IMG_0264

IMG_0265

It was the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

IMG_0267

2 comments:

Anne said...

I just went to Leopolds for the first time last week. Their macarons and hazelnut cake (don't remember the actual name of it) are to die for and from what I understand the watermelon salad is incredible. Yum!!

my life is brilliant said...

How cute -- and delicious!