Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Great Meadows

Feeling spontaneous, I took up my fashionable guy friend on the offer of accompanying him to a small fashion show out in the Virginia countryside. We'd get in free, he said, courtesy of his friend, the corporate sponsor, and we could eat and drink to our hearts' content.

I'd never been to a fashion show, and it sounded fun enough, so upon selecting a somewhat preppy ensemble, I said I'd go and off we went!

The day didn't go as planned, and we never ended up seeing the postponed show, but food there was and a polo match, too.

DSC_1473

Completely unfamiliar with equestrian sports, I was highly entertained observing the game, but not at all attracted to the men in their boots and hats.

polo

Small talking with the kiss-you-on-the-cheek yuppies of Northern Virginia is not my scene, but I can't say the same for my friend. He apparently has quite a thing for older women and spent much of the time flitting from one to the other. After chatting with this Omahan (woohoo!), he was finally content to go.

DSC_1477

But before we drove away, I suggested a photo shoot . . not knowing what I had just started . .

DSC_1491

DSC_1499

DSC_1501

DSC_1505

Having modeled previously and hoping to do more, this guy was eating. it. up. I took several photos of him by himself, as well as fun shots of us together, and I have to admit, I was loving the camera myself.

DSC_1533

DSC_1532

DSC_1537

What can I say, I was so excited to be outdoors in the beautiful countryside. I love Virginia!

DSC_1488_2

I've since been called, texted, and emailed about our next photo shoot. I think I've created a monster! But I'm secretly excited to have found someone who loves posing for the camera as much as I do.

3 comments:

Pink Sun Drops said...

Love them!! What a fun guy to hang with!

my life is brilliant said...

Those pictures are HILARIOUS!! Nice legs, especially in that first one! You pointed both your feet so prettily! It's funny, though -- it looks kind of like you're kicking him in the balls in that shot. :)

Sounds like a fun day, and you've got great pictures to go with it!

Courtney said...

GREAT pictures!!!!! Fun fun fun!