Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Free Bird

I don't know what it is about a weekday afternoon, but having it FREE makes me incredibly happy.

I left work early today. My boss is out of the country, making my job much less demanding and allowing me to work a regular 8 hour work day, or in today's case, to leave at lunchtime.

I felt almost giddy as I changed into frayed denim shorts, a tank top, and flip flops for a sushi lunch with KC. After dropping her at the airport for a trip to Florida, I spent the rest of the afternoon playing tennis and lounging by the pool with my currently jobless roommate. We fit everything in just before the thunderstorm rolled in. I'm now showered with a full night ahead of me . . and to think, I would still be at work right now!

Praise God for this day off!

No comments: