Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rooftop Dinner

Whenever Lyn announces she’s cooking, all other plans go right out the window – and that includes the gym. Last night she wowed us with some yummy tilapia tacos, homemade pico de gallo and chipotle sauce. Her friend brought homemade guac and blue tortilla chips, and I promptly stuffed my face, finishing before everyone else did.

tilapia tacos

Not only was it the perfect light summer dinner, we ate it in the perfect summer setting – our patio rooftop overlooking the city.

I haven’t yet shared that I’m moving soon, but I can tell you that nights like last night make that reality pretty painful.

(In case you can't tell, the view includes - well, a panoramic of the entire city - the Capitol, the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Jefferson Memorial. You can't see it in this picture, but we also see the Kennedy Center, Georgetown, the National Cathedral, and the Pentagon. Amazing.)

rooftop view

rooftop view

No comments: