Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Idiot

He said next weekend was his last. His new position starts, and he’ll be traveling with the President, working weekends. Only one day left for boating maybe, and that’s this Saturday.

Somehow I just forgot this. I just hit reply and said “Yes, I can babysit all day Saturday”. And now it’s hit me. I chose babysitting over boating. I just lost that last day on the lake.

I wonder if maybe the Lord made me forget. I do need the money, and it means a lot of that. Medical bills, deductibles suck. This is the Lord providing for me, and I’m thankful for that. But I’m praying (literally) that this isn’t it. He did say ‘probably’, didn’t he? I think I remember him saying it was probably his last weekend. I’m hoping in the smidge of doubt in that 'probably'.

No comments: