Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving #1

So here is my weekend in a nutshell:
Friday I was so tired that I just wanted to go home, curl up on the couch and watch a movie. Of course that didn't end up happening. I was so close, but I just couldn't do it. Weekends are my only time to really be social. So, S & I ended up driving to Lincoln to watch the state high school football championship game (what a mouthful). We didn't know anyone playing, but it sounded like fun. We sat with BF's bro, ScottieT, and cousin, who at one point went to the competing schools.

I spent Saturday shopping with AnneG and hanging out at her house while she made (or threw in the oven some pre-made) food for her in-laws. Gotta love SuperTarget. BF and I went out for supper at Taste and I ordered the only thing on the menu that I could order and know what to expect: chicken quesadilla . . and calamari for an appetizer. It was still very unique, but yummy. Then, we headed over to Barnes & Noble to practice a little Espanol. I got to bed at midnight and surprisingly wasn't dragging.

Sunday, we celebrated Thanksgiving with Mom's side of the fam, about 30 minutes away. It was a nice day, eating lots and playing games. I usually opt out on some of the eats, like sauerkraut and dumplings and kolaches . . gross . . if being a true Czech involves eating that stuff, then I didn't get any of those genes. Everyone had to hold Sophia (or Fifi, as Micah calls her), so I was lucky to have a turn. She's adorable . . and it's official . . she looks just like my brother's baby pics. SO cute.

Hope everyone's Thanksgiving is great!!

2 comments:

k said...

I give you many props for partying like a rockstar this weekend. With 2 hours of sleep, I’d be a complete (and bitchy) zombie! I got 6 hours of sleep last night and I am miserable today.

Have fun at Coldplay. It’s so exciting to get tickets to shows like that!

Alyssa said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you to! I plan to be in the hospitak with people yelling at me to PUSH! Then holding my new born precious babyu as I look at her lovingly!