Sunday, September 11, 2005

Whip it good!


The party was a success. Even though it seemed no one could make it, we still had a group of 16, which was a nice size. AMC (Awesome Married Couple) brought so much stuff and really they were the hosts in my opinion. I provided the place, but they, pretty much, took care of the rest. We did a lot of tubing, and as much as Big D tried to whip me around and get me to wipe out, I managed to stay on the whole time, even while balancing on my knees, taunting him and challenging him to try harder. I knew when he circled the island a 3rd time that he really wanted to see me tossed off. Nah-NAH-nah-NAH. Other than tubing, we just relaxed in the sun and ate snacks all day. A bunch of us played a few games of volleyball, too. When I saw that the sun wasn't going to be around much longer, I asked Big D to pull me skiing. I'm so glad I did, too. It's probably my last time this year, and it was beautiful. The lake was like glass and on one side of the island it felt as though I was slalom-ing into the sunset. Gorgeous. Dinner was great. I expected AMC to buy pre-made burgers for grilling, but they actually bought the meat and pre-made the patties themselves! They also brought baked beans and potato salad (great summer side dishes). M brought her famous cheesecake (in pumpkin and toffee flavors) that she actually sells to a few restaurants. I don't even like cheesecake, but this was good. It even looked amazing. The day was made pretty much perfect when the Huskers beat Wake Forest 31-3. The only negative about today is that I want to rip my eyeballs out of their sockets because they itch and burn so bad from my all-day exposure to everything I'm allergic to. But, I suppose it was worth it :)

No comments: