Saturday, September 10, 2005

The beach party

I had planned to go on the church retreat this weekend, but ended up opting out. I'm so sad to miss hearing Cousin speak (my cousins and I all call each other "Cousin!" as opposed to using our real first names), because he is one of my favorite people to listen to. He has so much passion and I'm always impacted by his messages! Fortunately, I'm sure I can get the audio. What AMC (Awesome Married Couple) and I decided to do, instead, was to have a party out at my g-ma's lake. It may be our last truly hot weekend here in NE - you never know. Plus, we've wanted to all summer and, of course, never got around to it. The problem with waiting until the last minute is that a lot of people have already made commitments and several have season football tickets or weddings to attend. BUT, it looks like we'll still have a good-sized group of people out today and I'm excited to get together with everyone. I'm pretty sure I'll be the only single person there, but that's cool. J offered to come and leave her hubby at home, which was really sweet of her, but no way would I want her to actually do that. I'm way too laid back about this party-thing. AMC has asked me all these questions regarding the party this week and getting ready for it. They wanted to make sure all the bases were covered. And, here I sit, with people coming out in less than 3 hours, and I've yet to make a side dish or pump up the tube! Yikes! My brother was sweet enough to go out and make sure the boats had enough gas and oil last night. He's so great. AMC is supplying all the meat for grilling out, which is so nice of them. I've got to make sure the TVs are on the proper channels so we can keep an eye on the games today, too. Iowa plays Iowa State and I have a lot of (unfortunately) ISU fans coming out today -hehe. I do want to watch that game, but I am, by no means, a fan. I'm a little nervous about our game vs. Wake Forest tonight - should be interesting. I better get my suit on and get out there. I'm missing some prime-sunlight hours.

No comments: